What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a team with a no-limits mindset that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company that steers clients toward the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment with exceptional training and career development. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here !
Director of Legal Affairs – Latam and Portugal
Job Description – Skilled in Contracts (Private and Public Sector), Compliance, Data Privacy, Risk Management and Labor Matters.
- Law Degree
- Language Skills:
- Brazilian Portuguese – Native Speaker
- English – Fluent (Mandatory)
- Spanish – Intermediate
- Successful track record in contracts negotiation (including Public Sector)
- Strong stakeholder experience, providing expert counsel to internal stakeholders
- Experience of working on information technology (desirable)
- Privacy law experience
Commercial – Contracts
- Support of sales organization and business units (Latam and Portugal) in achieving their business financial plan by ensuring successful negotiation of contracts for Gartner services on a timely basis.
- Effective and professional collaboration with customers and clients and rapid resolution of issues .
- Keeping Account Executives, sales agents and sales managers apprised of contract status, as needed .
- Participating as needed in quarter-close status and planning meetings with sales managers .
- Negotiating all applicable master agreements through Apttus for a ll phases of the contact life .
- Supporting Order Management & Contracts Admin on contract booking and execution issues .
- Actively participating in Contract team matters (such as responding to Contract Administration requests in a timely manner) .
- Providing tr aining (as needed) to AE’s on basic contracting/sales order process protocols and talk tracks .
- Providing ancillary document review/support for Contracts Admin: NDAs and requests for information in connection with RFPs ; and
- Consulting with outside counsel, as necessary, on a discrete and cost-efficient basis .
- P rovide dedicated legal support for Conferences in the territory.
- Leveraging Global Gartner´s trainings to Sales team.
- Ensure compliance with regional legal requirements and assist in managing related r isk in regional operations, including but not limited to the following areas: contract law; corporate law; data protection & privacy; employment law; litigation management; protection of Gartner intellectual property and brand; and other regulatory require ments.
- Support and collaborate with Gartner in-house Employment lawyers and HR function as requested; collaborate with outside counsel as and when requested by internal Employment lawyers on employment-related legal matters of individuals and/or Works Coun cil issues –
- Provide support to the Corporate Secretarial function as well as Corporate Services Departments, including but not limited to Finance, Tax, Procurement, etc.
- Support corporate secretarial requirements for Gartner’s subsidiary corporations in Brazil, Mexico and Portugal, as appropriate .
- Monitor corporate complian ce with legal and regulatory requirements everywhere we do business in the regions you support .
- Contribute to the elaboration of a Playbook section on Best Practices for Working with Legal to ensure global consistency across Contracts Negotiators team and open up lines of communication with the other Business Units that play a role in the sales order process.
- Ensure adequate corporate signatories to support operations and functions while maintaining control.
- Manage Contracts Counsels performance and activities, providing constantly feedback and training.
- Oversee Contracts Counsel activities with respect to leveraging Global Gartner´s trainings to Sales team (for example Gartner Usage Policy, eSignature), regionalizing some topics for Brazilian Law, as needed.
- Oversee Contracts Counsel activities with respect to the creation of the “on boarding” material to Sales Team with some guidelines (for example overview of standard agreements, Deal Hub tool, Do´s and Don’ts, Data Privacy, FAQs), conforming some topics, as necessary, for commercial and public sector.
- Ensure we have appropriate repr esentation in all legal matters, including litigation, for the regions covered.
Ombuds – Ambassador Program
- Assess, triage and own or assist with resolving regional Ombuds matters and issues that might represent a threat to the Gartner brand.
- Ensure accurate records
- Support and Deliver Ethics and Compliance Training.
- Serve as first line defense in regulatory compliance-related matters.
- Identify legal, reputational, and organizational risk in associate behavior and escalate to MVP, Legal & Regulatory Compliance, as appropriate .
- Support the Legal & Regulatory Compliance team in performing enhanced due diligence on third parties, including sanctions, corruption, and bribery screening/identification .
- Assist in the investigation, mitigation, and remediation of legal/compliance-related misconduct.
- Provide legal guidance on regulatory and policy compliance to relevant business unit stakeholders.
- Contribute case studies to socialize compliance related experience s from the region with other Ambassadors.
- Identify and address data protection/privacy risks in the regions and assist the DPO function as needed.
- Track and summarize the Data Protection Regulation in Brazil, training sales team as necessary and, partner with the Data Protection team, working with the impacted business units (procurement, sales, recruitment, HR, etc.) to ensure compliance with the applicable laws.
- Maintain Gartner’s position as a “Data Controller” (versus a Data Proc essor) in commercial contracting
Gartner Digital Market
- Provide legal support for Gartner Digital Markets in Latam and Portugal.
- Reduce risk and legal exposure for Gartner Digital Markets offerings launching in your territory